What to Know
- To print labels from Excel, you need to prepare your worksheet, set up labels in Microsoft Word, then connect the worksheet to the labels.
- To set up labels, open a blank Word document and go to Mailings > Start Mail Merge > Labels. Choose the brand and product number.
- To add mail merge fields in Word, go to the Mailings tab and, in the Write & Insert Fields section, add fields in the Address Block.
This steer explains how to create and print labels from Excel using the mail unite have in Microsoft Word. These instructions apply to Excel and Word 2019, 2016, and 2013 and Excel and Word for Microsoft 365 .
How to Print Labels From Excel
You can print mailing labels from Excel in a matter of minutes using the mail unite sport in Word. With neat columns and rows, sorting abilities, and data entrance features, Excel might be the perfect application for entering and storing information like contact lists. once you have created a detail list, you can use it with early Microsoft 365 applications for numerous tasks.
Bạn đang đọc: How to Print Labels From Excel
Ellen Lindner / Lifewire
Prepare the Worksheet and Enter the Data
To make mailing labels from Excel, you need to add descriptive column headings so everything prints out correctly. For exemplar, you might have the play along column headings :
- Title (Mr./Ms./Dr.)
- First Name
- Last Name
- Street Address
- ZIP Code
type in a heading in the first cellular telephone of each column describing the data. Make a column for each element you want to include on the labels .
Type the names and addresses or other data you ‘re planning to print on labels .
Make sure each detail is in the compensate column. Avoid leaving blank columns or rows within the list .
- Save the worksheet when you have finished .
Set Up Labels in Word
future, you need to choose the size and type of the labels you ‘re printing .
- Open a blank Word document .
Go to the Mailings yellow journalism .
Choose Start Mail Merge > Labels .
Choose the brand in the Label Vendors box and then choose the product number, which is listed on the label software. You can besides select New Label if you want to enter custom label dimensions .
Click OK when you are ready to proceed .
Connect the Worksheet to the Labels
Before performing the blend to print cover labels from Excel, you must connect the Word document to the worksheet containing your number. The first time you connect to an Excel worksheet from Word, you must enable a set that allows you to convert files between the two programs .
In Word, click File .
Scroll down, and choose Options at the bottom of the left acid.
Click Advanced in the left pane of the Word Options window and then scroll down to the General part .
Make sure the Confirm file format conversion on open is selected and suction stop OK .
From Mailings, in the Start Mail Merge group, choose Select Recipients > Use an Existing List .
- navigate to the Excel worksheet containing your list in the Select Data Source window that opens and click Open .
- Click OK to confirm that you want to use the list and chink OK again to select the mesa containing your list. The page will nowadays be filled with labels that say « Next Record» .
Add Mail Merge Fields and Perform the Merge
After you ‘ve organized the data, you need to add mail unite fields before you can complete the unite. This is where those headings you added to your Excel worksheet will come in handy .
- Click on the beginning label on the page and then select Address Block in the Write & Insert Fields section of the Mailings tab .
Click the Match Fields button on the Insert Address Block dialogue box that appears .
Make surely your headings match with the needed fields. If any of them are incorrect, use the drop-down arrow beside it to match up to the right field .
- Click OK. Click OK again to close the dialogue box .
- Select Mailings > Write & Insert Fields > Update Labels .
- once you have the Excel spreadsheet and the Word document set up, you can merge the information and print your labels. Click Finish & Merge in the Finish group on the Mailings yellow journalism .
Click Edit Individual Documents to preview how your printed labels will appear. Select All > OK .
- A new text file opens with the mailing labels from your Excel worksheet. You can edit, photographic print, and save the labels fair as you would any other Word document .